Re: should I use wxWidgets or is GTK+ enough?

If you want write the GUI code once, and run it at Windows or Linux without modifing anything, you can use Tkinter/Tix module in Python.
But if your GUI app is complicated, python is not suitable because it is not as fast as gtk.

    Thanks and Regards

Samuel Yin

Jose Hevia wrote:
I write windows programs but would like to start making my apps
cross-platform. Originally I thought that wxWidgets was the way to go,
but I wanted to consider alternatives before I make the switch. Could I
accomplish mostly the same thing by using GTK+ instead? WxWidgets uses

gtk,

Short answer: yes you could, if you know how to. I had made it for some
apps. Look at Inkscape (inkscape.org) for an example of what you could
expect in Windows with gtk/gtkmm. There has been some bugs with screen
redraw and windows stack order.
There is no (I dont know if exist) a "dont need to change a single line
of code" solution though. Mainly because Windows is not fully POSIX
compliant (file names and so).
WxWidgets uses gtk for Linux, I suppose it uses win32 in Windows.

I've heard, so maybe it's just another (unnecessary?) layer

Personally, my own reason is to control 100% of my program.

Just a note:
http://www.advogato.org/person/raph/diary.html?start=398
                                                  Jose