Re: Upgrading Gtk

On 10/27/05, Joe Van Dyk <joevandyk gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a bunch of Redhat Enterprise 3 boxes here that I'd like to
> upgrade Gtk on.
>
> I created new packages for:
> pango-1.10.1
> atk-1.10.1
> automake17
> cairo-1.0.0
> glib2-2.8.3
> gtk-2.8.6
> libart_lgpl-2.3.17
> libgnomecanvas-2.12.0
> libtiff-3.7.3
>
> Now, when I launch a gnome application, it doesn't seem to be able to
> load images correctly.  Did I forget to upgrade something?

Aha,

gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders > /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders

Seemed to fix the problem.  I'll have to add that command to my RPM packages.

I'm rapidly getting out of my comfort zone though, as I have no idea
what that command is, or why I needed it.  Can anyone recommend any
good books or online resources that would help me understand more
about this stuff?

Thanks,
Joe