Re: no instant update of gtk_progress_bar

Hi,

try using:

while (gtk_events_pending())
  gtk_main_iteration();

after each progress bar update, this will exhaust the main loop events,
one being for your progress bar update.

beware: if you're doing work that will result in any other kind of event,
it will also get processed.

cheers,

richard