Re: Corss-compiling glib for arm

Hi Carlo

I too am trying to get GTK...glib 1st cross compiled for Arm.

I am not using scratchbox but am using arm-linux-gcc (GCC) 3.3.2

perhaps we can share experiences as we go :0)

I have been having problems with my linker not finding the libraires I solved that now

I have invoked /.configure as below

./configure CC=/usr/local/arm/3.3.2/bin/arm-linux-gcc --host=arm-linux --build=i686-linux --prefix=/home/anbeyon/Documents/Projects/Chord/Pandora4/Software/GTK/GTKBuild/glib

this causes configure process ends with;

.

.

.

checking for format to printf and scanf a guint64... none

checking if malloc() and friends prototypes are gmem.h compatible... yes

checking for growing stack pointer... configure: error: cannot run test program while cross compiling

See `config.log' for more details.

Do you have any ideas what that means - I'm pretty new to ./config and large packages like GTK

Do I need to add --cache-file=arm_cache.conf and create arm_cache.conf ?

Regards,

CLive