Re: gtk and directX?

On 08/05/05 07:55:37, sinja Warnebold wrote:
font-family:Verdana; font-family: Verdana' ><P>Hello!</P><P>I am tring
to design a 3D-Engine. To navigate through my menu I decided to
develop a gtk GUI. Now I am&nbsp; not sure if I can add this GUI to my
directX program or the other way round?</P><P>Is it possible to call
the direct X window from a GTK-GUI ? Can they interact? My problem
seems to be that the one (gtk)&nbsp;is a win32 consol apllication and
the other (directX) requires just a win32
application.</P><P>&nbsp;</P><P>Can anyone please help
me?</P><P>Thanks Sinja</P>

[Please don't use html in email]

I tried this and it does sort of work, but I found that the GUI seemed to be missing some events in that it didn't act quite right. I solved the problem for me by having two processes (one for the GUI and one for DirectX which talk to each other).

Cheers,

Ali.