gtk and directX?

Hello!

I am tring to design a 3D-Engine. To navigate through my menu I decided to develop a gtk GUI. Now I am  not sure if I can add this GUI to my directX program or the other way round?

Is it possible to call the direct X window from a GTK-GUI ? Can they interact? My problem seems to be that the one (gtk) is a win32 consol apllication and the other (directX) requires just a win32 application.

Can anyone please help me?

Thanks Sinja