Re: Report generator

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 16:22, Ben Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 10:01:43AM +0100, Francisco Santiago Capel Torres
> wrote: ...
>
> > I have realized that in order to port it to GTK, I only need a very
> > simple XML parser, a Date class and some classes to access databases.
> > Here is where I need the suppor from this list.
>
> I'm starting to work on a bit of reporting myself.  how about if you
> tell me/us what the classes need to look like (roughly?) and what they
> need to do and maybe I (or someone) will lend a hand.
>
> - Ben

Only 4 things: Date class, XML parser, Database access and a canvas-like
widget.

For the date I can use GDate or the old foe time_t, but if someone has a nice
C++ implementation of a general date class with +, - and ==, < etc.
operators, that would be nice.

I need a light weight XML parser that implements SAX2.

The other requeriment is classes to access databases. I think libgda will do.

Where I will really need help will be in the output to a canvas-like widget. I
have the code to do it on a QPainter. If someone could port it to GTK or
assist me, it would save me a lot of time.

For the rest of the classes, like iterators, containers, files, strings, etc,
I will use the C++ STL.

I am using bision and flex to build a formula evaluator. I would need support
with this too.

Thanks!

--
Tengo que cambiar mi firma