Re: Why floating point for widget positions

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:53:25 +0200, Olexiy Avramchenko
<olexiy ctech cn ua> wrote:
> Can you provide an example of how floating point x,y coordinates from motion
> event can be used? Mike is right - every GTK widget uses type casting from
> double to int for them and this looks natural for the discrete displays.

I believe GIMP uses the fractional part for (at least) the paintbrush
tool. You're right it's not very useful for typical GUI widgets, but
application windows can make use of the extended precision.

John