Re: gtk errors

This error is usually caused my a badly installed version of GTK+, I remember a fellow coming into the #gtk+ channel on freenode.net and asking the same thing, after telling him to try uninstalling gtk+ and then visiting

http://gladewin32.sf.net

download the latest All in one package, 2.6.x is out now, they installed it and it ran fine after that, come back here if that doesnt work

(BTW, you should say which operating system you are using if you want a good reply in future, the only reason I knew was because \Device\Harddisk4..... is a win32 thing and I recognise it)

hope it helps, bye

walter lapchynski wrote:
As one can see at
http://gug.sunsite.dk/forum/?threadid=2713 I
experienced an error when loading GIMP that I've
figured out is really from GTK since the same error
occurs in GAIM.  The dialog I get is titled "filename
- No Disk" and reads "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk4\DR6"
and gives options of Cancel, Try again, and Continue,
all of which do the same thing.  How do I solve this
problem because the error was making GIMP crash and
possibly GAIM as well?  I'm running XP, which, I'm
sure is part of the problem, but it's all I got. Please let me know what you think!

wxl