gtk errors

As one can see at
http://gug.sunsite.dk/forum/?threadid=2713 I
experienced an error when loading GIMP that I've
figured out is really from GTK since the same error
occurs in GAIM.  The dialog I get is titled "filename
- No Disk" and reads "There is no disk in the drive.
Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk4\DR6"
and gives options of Cancel, Try again, and Continue,
all of which do the same thing.  How do I solve this
problem because the error was making GIMP crash and
possibly GAIM as well?  I'm running XP, which, I'm
sure is part of the problem, but it's all I got.
Please let me know what you think!

wxl