Re: Font problems...

Le lundi 07 mars 2005 �4:20 +0000, Alastair Basden a �it :
> Hi,
> I've just installed gtk 2.6 on a dual opteron (amd64) system.  However, when
> I try running the gtk-demo (or any other gtk app), I get the message:
> (gtk-demo:12007): Pango-WARNING **: Cannot open font file for font Luxi
> Sans 8
> Segmentation fault
>
> So, something isn't working right.
>
> To install, I installed pkg-config, glib, freetype, fontconfig, render,
> xrender, libXft, pango, atk and finally gtk.
>
> The system has the Suse linux enterprise server.
>
> Can anyone help?

Luxi fonts are distributed with X11, so they should be present on your
system (probably in /usr/share/fonts/TTF/). Type:
fc-list|grep Luxi
If no font is listed, try fc-cache. If it does not solve the problem,
you should have a look at the configuration files in /etc/fonts.

Hope this helps,
Jean