Re: GtkAlignment makes things smaller, but surrouning don't get bigger

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 09:40:45AM +0200, Karlsson, Erik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you tried GtkWidget's gtk_widget_set_size_request function. It can be used
> to increase the default size of the widget. It is not perhaps good practice to
> use it because it defines minimum size of the widget that can't be changed by
> user. For example when the user resizes the application's window.

That's what I am using now because nothing else is working.  As you say
though, it's a not good option for the reasons you mentioned.  I only
want the widgets to fill up the form.  Because I'm using
gtk_widget_set_size_request to accomplish that, I am also forcing the
new size to be the minimum.

- Ben