Re: Trying to install

Suse 9.2 includes gtk+-2.4.8 (I think), I'd just use that. I'm not
sure there are many packages out yet that need 2.6. Start yast, click
"install/remove software", type "gtk" into the search box,
gtk+-something should come up, tick the box next to it, then press the
"install" button.

(to answer your question: you need to download and install new
versions of glib, atk and pango before trying gtk)