gtk+ needs pango with cairo support

Respected sir,
   I have builded gnome2.8 after that i update the
source and rebuild it but i got the error in gtk+
but i have compiled pango although error comes as
the following are the outputs :

checking for XSyncQueryExtension in -lXext... yes
checking for X11/extensions/sync.h... yes
checking for xfixes... Package xfixes was not found in
the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing
`xfixes.pc'
No package 'xfixes' found
checking sys/ipc.h usability... yes
checking sys/ipc.h presence... yes
checking for sys/ipc.h... yes
checking sys/shm.h usability... yes
checking sys/shm.h presence... yes
checking for sys/shm.h... yes
checking X11/extensions/XShm.h... yes
checking Pango flags... configure: error:
*** Pango not found. Pango built with Cairo support is
required
*** to build GTK+. See http://www.pango.org for Pango
information.

please find me a solution to solve the problem as
early as possible.