Re: Can't link to Pango. Pango is required to build

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:51:16 -0000, Alex Weeks said:
> When trying to build GTK I get the following error:
>
> configure: error:
> *** Can't link to Pango. Pango is required to build
> *** GTK+. For more information see http://www.pango.org
>
> It's a Linux ES 3 system and I think I got all the dependencies installed or
> upgraded.

If you mean a 'RedHat Enterprise Linux 3' system, you *should* already have
(or be able to get) all the pieces you need in RPM format, no building needed.

Most likely, you have gtk2, glib2, atk, and pango installed, but need gtk2-devel,
glib2-devel, atk-devel, and pango-devel RPMs..