Re: gtk_toggle_button_set_active()

hi,

First, thanks for the replies, especially the program code, such
effort/guidance is greatly appreciated.

And, I realized that I didn't really describe the whole picture very
completely.  The application I'm writing is close to the first version
release and is almost complete.  Within this application are upwards of
100 settable widgets and since beginning the development last March, I
have had NO problems with the setting of any of the widgets.

My problem is that it's only been in the last week or so that newly added
radio button widgets are not responsive the way I would expect.  I have
stared at the code and attempted to discover what exactly might make these
widgets unique but have come up with nothing.

I have other radio buttons made exactly the same way, stored exactly the
same way, used exactly the same way, and set exactly the same way, with
different behaviour between them.  My code, for example, sets two radio
buttons in two individual calls one after the other (via
gtk_toggle_button_set_active()) where the first call succeeds in setting
the radio button correctly and the second does not.  It is as if the
second call to gtk_toggle_button_set_active() has simply not executed.

Thus, my questions fall into the categories: how this could occur, under
what circumstances it might be possible (e.g., that I'm doing something
"illegal" in my code (though not "breaking" anything), etc.  Or, barring
any direct knowledge in this regard, how I might try to track the problem
down and answer the question: why is my call to
gtk_toggle_button_set_active() not resulting in my radio button being
properly set?

thanks again,

richard boaz