Re: Obtaining current value from a GtkHscale

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 13:31 -0700, Ben Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 02:02:15PM -0500, Douglas Vechinski wrote:
> >
> > I've been searching the GTK API trying to figure out what is probably a
> > simple question.  How do I get the current value from a GtkHscale scale
> > bar?
>
> When I'm having trouble finding a function I need for a given widget,
> especially when the need for such a function seems obvious, I start
> looking at what the widget is a subclass of.  that's what you need to do
> in this case.  I think gtk_range_get_value() is what you're looking for.
>
> - Ben

But this still requires knowing the associated GtkRange pointer.  As I
mentioned previously I don't know what this is since glade is creating
the Scalebar directly from the output of gtk_adjustment_new().  It seems
like there should be a function that given a scalebar widget it returns
a pointer to the GtkRange or GtkAdjustment that is associated with it.