To: <gtk-list gnome org>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 11:38 AM
Subject: How to control one GTK application by another

Hi all,
I have two applications A and B (both GTK) and i want to control B from A. Application B is not written by me and there is no IPC mechanisms that it supports (such as pipes or sockets or shared files).

By control i mean i want to access all the facilities in B from A. Facilities such as pushing buttons, filling text area by some text and even starting and closing of that application. Is there any way of doing this.

Searching through net i found that i first need to get the windowid of the application B when it starts. How can i get the window ID of another application and how do i generate events (like pushing buttons) for application B from A.

Please help me out... its urgent ....Thanks in advance.
Regards
Sripurna