Re: Fwd: How will cairo influence GTK's performance?

> AFAIK the mozilla family of browsers (both mozilla suite and firefox)
> use XUL as ui toolkit, not GTK. If it is the case, perhaps you should
> choice another app as "benchmark"  for measure the gtk performance.

XUL is just the description-format how widgets should be layouted -
they use the GTK-Style API to make the widgets look like "native" gtk
and use GDK as their rendering backend.
So in fact it is a good app for at least measuring gdk performance,
e.g. mozilla build based on gtk1 perform on my machine about 50%
better (in terms of ui responsivness) than gtk2 builds.

lg Clemens