RE: GTK+ and Application Delivery

> From: riboaz xs4all nl
> Subject: GTK+ and Application Delivery
> But my question is this: why does GTK+ not encourage itself
> to be more accessible from an application deployment point of
> view?  Why is there, at least, not an explicit document
> relating to delivery and deployment issues?  Why is there not
> a distinction made between development with tht
> GTK+ libraries and deployment of applications made thereof?
> Why are GTK+ there no binaries of the libraries available that
> can make this distribution easier?  (For example, I need to
> deliver this on  macOS and don't have a mac machine myself,
> where do I obtain the binaries to make my app distributable?)

There are binary distributions of GTK+ already available:
-- Windows (http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net)
   This project provides two installers:
   -- Development (includes glade, include files, etc.)
   -- Runtime (for your users)
   We use these installers for our applications.
-- Linux
   GTK+ is already included in most Linux distributions
-- Sun/Solaris (http://www.sunfreeware.com)
   Provides Sun packages of GTK+ v2.2.4 (a bit old).
   You'll need to write a small installation script to
   test for the presence of GTK, atk, glib, and pango.
-- SGI/Irix (http://freeware.sgi.com)
   Similar issues as Sun; GTK+ v2.4.0.

   Note: Sun and SGI are beginning to bundle GTK+ in new
   systems.  I just received a new Sun v240 server with GTK+
   installed.

-- Mac/OSX
   Have not found a good solution for Mac OSX.
   The GTK+OSX sourceforge project (Aqua-based) is dead.
   Darwinpost.org provides an X11-based0 port.

Joe Vl