Getting "libiconv_set_relocation_prefix" error under Windows

I encountered the current problem I'm having about a year ago and thought I had figured what was wrong but can't seem to remember how to fix it. I am trying to compile the helloworld.c example in the GTK+ tutorial on Windows using the MSYS, MINGW environment and the Tor GTK+ Windows DLL's. After compling and obtaining an executable, I try running it and get an error message stating that "The procedure entry point libiconv_set_relocation_prefix could not be located in the dynamic link library iconv.dll". Now I also have a more complicated GTK+ application that I compile using a make file and it builds fine and when I run it it does not have this problem. I tried using the name makefile but replacing my source with the helloworld.c example but still get the same problem. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the problem is.

Actually while typing this I continued to play around with this some more. It turns out that if I copy the iconv.dll from the GTK+ directory into the same directory as the helloworld.exe and run it, it runs find. I also Tcl/tk installed from the ActiveTcl distribution. They is also an iconv.dll located in the Tcl\bin directory which during installation adds it to my path. My PATH variable also includes the GTK+\bin directory but occurs after the Tcl one. While this might be a question for the Tcl list, why would the iconv.dll's be different. (As I said I ran into this same problem over a year ago). If I swap the order in my path will the Tcl environment not like using the GTK+ iconv.dll since it now would be in the path first.