Re: Text View Drag and Drop

On 7/3/05, Preben Randhol <randhol+gtk pvv org> wrote:
> What is it that you want to do? Read the file into the text view? I
> don't know if there is anything built-in for doing this. If not I guess
> you have to make your own procedure to get the name and open the file.
>
> Preben

Hello,

I already have a handler for opening files dragged and dropped into
the TextView. The problem is GTK insists of appending the file's URI
to the document opened, via drag and drop, in the TextView, as shown
in the screenshot. I want to know how to tell GTK to stop appending
the URI, since it is not part of the original document, and therefore
should not be shown.

Thanks