Re: there already appears to be an xserver running on display :0

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:12:22 +0200, yonatan maman said:
> I have rebuild gtk+-1.2.10 and glib-1.2.10 (from sources) .
> I have updated PATH to pint the bin directory and /etc/ld.so.conf to
> point the lib directories.

Was there a reason you did it from sources, rather than installing them
from RPMs?  If you had to update /etc/ld.so.conf, you've obviously installed
them someplace other than where gdm was originally expecting them.  You'd
be much better off putting back the *known working* version from RPMs, so
that all the files end up where things are expecting to find them....