No fonts found: OS-X?

Hi all.

I'm trying to get Gtk2 running on a Mac OS-X.
Unfortunately I'm quite new to OS-X ( been using Linux for ages ) and I
think I've messed things up in a big way.
I've installed & reinstalled XFree a couple of times, via a couple of
methods:

- binary installer from apple
- darwin ports
- binary installer from XFree

I installed Gtk2 and dependancies via darwin ports. At one point shortly
after this I actually had X running, but it somehow stopped working, and
I  decided to reinstall with the binary installer from XFree.

Anyway, at the moment, I've got X running ( glxgears absolutely *flies*
), but I can't run any gtk apps. They all say:

No fonts found; this probably means that the fontconfig
library is not correctly configured. You may need to
edit the fonts.conf configuration file. More information
about fontconfig can be found in the fontconfig(3) manual
page and on http://fontconfig.org

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling fontconfig via darwin ports. This
didn't change anything. I have an /etc/fonts directory, with fonts.conf
and fonts.dtd files in there. They both look sane - they have the
correct directories for an OS-X system, and the fonts are certainly in
those directories.

Does anyone know what's up?

Thanks :)

Dan

Title: CanIt Vote for ID 161697

The following links have been inserted by the NUS Consulting internal spam filter and are for NUS Consulting staff only
Spam
Not spam
Forget previous vote