Re: Creating GdkPixbuf from PNG data

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 09:44:59AM -0500, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

> > I have PNG data in memory which is essentially the
> > contents of a png file. I need to create a GdkPixbuf
> > from this data. How can I do this?
>
> Hmmm, GdkPixbuf API docs have a section on this:
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-creating.html
>
> I think you can use `gdk_pixbuf_new_from_inline ()' and GdkPixbuf
> will parse the image header and figure out the image encoding type
> by itself :-)

I don't think so.  This function creates a pixbuf from
a `serialized' GdkPixbuf, created by gdk-pixbuf-csource.

I would probably dump the data to a PNG file and use
gdk_pixbuf_load().  That's not optimal, but if it's not
a something the app needs to do often...  Another question
is how did you get the `essentially the contents of a png
file'?  It may be easier to create a pixbuf from some
original data...

Yeti

--
Dynamic IP address is not a crime.