Re: problem: install gtk 2.4

Hello.

I built Pango 1.8 yesterday.  I was missing the same library, libpangoxft.
However, in reviewing the configure script's output there was a warning.
It had not been able to find information about fontconfig installed on my
system, and, the following argument (the directory is the location of
fontconfig.pc on my system) to configure resulted in a more full build  of
Pango, including libpangoxft-1.0:

$ ./configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig/

So check your configure script.  It might have built, but, only with the
X backend, as had mine.  Good luck, I hope that's all it was for you
too.

Dale