RE: use Gtk+ in phone devices

>     I think what you want to do is have focus follow your arrow keys
> (and obviously draw some kind of focus indicator). I really doubt
> that GTK+ can do anything about this, I think that you'll need to
> configure your X server in a way that your arrow keys act like
> arrow keys on a keyboard, then it should "Just work".

Yes.
> Note that you might need to take special care with some widgets
>that grab focus, i.e. arrow key cant be used to navigate out of
>a spin button for example.
Exactly. Right for these situations I think there is a necessary to make some modifications to the stock Gtk+ widgets. I think possible solutions include:
1) Use left/right arrows to navigate out the spin buttons;
2) or specify triple states for spin button:
	Non-focus state. In this state we could use any arrow key to navigate out from it;
	Focus without editing state. In this state we could also use any arrow key to navigate out from it;
	Focus and editing state. In this state we could not use arrow key to navigate out from it and it will treat arrow key input as manipulating its content.

	And we could use OK key in the phone keypad to switch spin button's different states.

It seems that we need to examine the Gtk+ widgets one by one to see if they could be navigated and manipulated by only using the phone keypad and then make some modifications accordingly.

Regards
Yu Yijun

Cheers,
                                -Tristan