Re: use Gtk+ in phone devices

YU Yijun RD-ILAB-PEK wrote:
[...]
Among the keys listed above, only arrow keys and Ok key will be used for
widgets navigation and manipulation and keybinding is not acceptable.
Therefore, my questions would be:

1. Do you guys think it is necessary to modify the source code of
widgets in order to tune the widgets' behavior suitable for navigation
in phone devices?
2. Which way of modification is easier to be accepted upstream by Gtk+,
say, adding a new configuration option to Gtk+ and adding #ifdef to the
source code of widgets?

    I think what you want to do is have focus follow your arrow keys
(and obviously draw some kind of focus indicator). I really doubt
that GTK+ can do anything about this, I think that you'll need to
configure your X server in a way that your arrow keys act like
arrow keys on a keyboard, then it should "Just work".

Note that you might need to take special care with some widgets
that grab focus, i.e. arrow key cant be used to navigate out of
a spin button for example.

Cheers,
                               -Tristan