Re: [gnome-love] gtk+ without cairo

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 07:50 +0200, Stephane Wirtel wrote:
> Le Tuesday 16 August 2005 a 00:08, Markus Jonsson ecrivait:
> > Hello everyone,
> > this is my first post to this list!
> >
> > I've just installed gnome 2.11 from cvs using jhbuild, and it is very
> > slow, I'm thinking it's because of the new cairo backend for gtk. Is
> > there any way to build gtk+ without cairo? Or could the problem be
> > something else?
> >
> > Thanks for a great desktop.
> Hi Markus,
>
> I think that it is not the good mailing list, Can you try with
> gtk-list gnome org ?
>
> I forward your mail to this mailing-list.

Whenever discussing performance issues, it's always important to:

 A) Be as specific as possible about what is slow and what
    you are comparing it to
 B) Roughly describe your system (are you running on a Pentium-133
    or a dual-core Opteron...?)

Also for GTK+, to mention what theme you are using. Without that
kind of information it's impossible to say anything.

Regards,
						Owen