Re: Gtk_entry_set_text

On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 12:01 +0200, Sébastien NoName wrote:

> The problem is located here :
> gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY(temp->pGtk.pEntryStationDestination),
> pCharTempSrc);
> gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY(temp->pGtk.pEntryStationSource),  pCharTempDst);
>
> The first gtk_entry_set_text is working but not the second one!
>
> Stranger. When I put an g_locale_to_utf8, both of the
> gtk_entry_set_text work but i have got a problem with special char!

gtk_entry_set_text() expects a valid unicode string. If you pass an
iso8859 or whatever string with some special characters you will most
probably fail. So if your text is not utf-8 or ascii (which is a subset
of unicode), you will need to convert your string to utf-8 before
passing it to gtk_entry_set_text().

cheers,
Andrei