catching Unix-signals: tutorial section + example program

Dear all,

I wrote an example program and a tutorial section on how to
correctly catch Unix-Signals in an GTK application. Before I
submit all to the tutorial author Tony Gale I would like to ask
here for comments and suggestions.

The new tutorial section:

The example program:
(compile with
  gcc `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0` catch_signals.c

Please post your comments here or send them directly to me. The
aim of the new section is _not_ advanced Unix programming with
signals, pipes and sockets. It is just for those that want to
catch SIGINT and exit gracefully.