[gtk-list] - libglade question and a gtk_about_dialog_set_url_hook ()

Hello all you brilliant minds, I have 2 questions I'm trying to figure out...

1. If libgnome creates the widgets at runtime, what about widgets you may
not want created?  For example, if I were to create an about dialog in
Glade, does memory get allocated for it when my program starts?  What if a
user never opens the about dialog.  Would that not be a waste of
resources?

2. With GTK+ 2.6's , if I were to have the following code to create the
about dialog

GtkWidget *aboutWindow;
	aboutWindow = g_object_new(GTK_TYPE_ABOUT_DIALOG,
		"name", "gPICprog",
		"version", "0.1",
		"copyright", "(C) 2005 - Micah Carrick",
		"comments", N_("A Gnome PIC Programmer GUI"),
		"authors", authors,
		"documenters", documenters,
		"translator-credits", _("translator-credits"),
		"logo", logo,
		"website", "http://www.micahcarrick.com";,
		"website-label", "www.MicahCarrick.com",
		NULL);