Re: GTK+, CYGWIN, MSW and GCC flagas

Hello Jamiil,

Writing the makefile with the proper flag for cygwin is a lot
less text than the contents of your email ;-) :

    COPT = -mms-bitfields -mno-cygwin
    DEBUG = -g -Wall
    INCLUDE = `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0`
    LDFLAGS = `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0` -mwindows
    CFLAGS = $(COPT) $(DEBUG) $(INCLUDE)
    SRC = foo.c \
          bar.c
    OBJ = $(SRC:.c=.o)

    foo : $(OBJ)
            $(LINK.c) -o $@ $(OBJ) $(LDFLAGS)

Put this in a file called "Makefile", changed the SRC variable to
include the projects sources, save and then write make from the
cygwin shell. The result is an executable that is independant
from cygwin.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dov (who actually much prefers using scons instead of make)