Re: TreeView: Multiple selection inefficient?

Okay, since it has not been gotten any better by all changes I have made, I have now completely commented out the signal handler connection and the performance hit is still there!

That can only mean that Gtk+ is also calling its signal handlers (of course it does, how should it otherwise visually select a row) and those are already the performance killers.

Just try it:
Fill a tree view with e.g. 2000 entries, select the first and hold down or page-down till you reach the bottom and you'll see the program doesn't react for several seconds because it's still computing something (probably calling a huge bunch of signal handlers).

--
Matthias Kaeppler