RE: Newbey Question

Yes, I am aware of the name of the library.
I believe that the spelling mistake was driven by my eagerness to finish learning GTK+ so that I can start learning GTKmm, which is my ultimate goal. I, however, am having problems finding a port of GTKmm to MSW-Cygwin. I prefer working with C++ rather than C and since I will be implementing a GUI interface developed with GTK+ as soon as I get a grip on the GTK+? library. Thus, in anticipation to this inevitable event, I want to make sure that when the construction of the GUI begins I will be able to hook up the GTK+ GUI to my C++ library using the g++ compiler. As far as I understand, GTK+ applications can be compiled with g++ and it, GTK+, can even be used with in the OO paradigm.

Yours truly, Jamiil.

From: Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi>
To: "Jamiil Abdullah-Alkadir" <jamiil_abdullah_alkadir hotmail com>
CC: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-list gnome org
Subject: Newbey Question
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 02:18:42 +0300

Jamiil Abdullah-Alkadir writes:
> main.cpp:41: error: invalid conversion from 'void (*)(GtkButton*, void*)' to

The name of the library is GTK+, not GTK++. The "+" in the name has
nothing to do with C++. (There are C++ wrappers for GTK+, but you
don't seem to be using any such.)

To reduce confusion, don't compile your C code as if it was
C++. I.e., rename your source file to main.c, and compile with gcc,
not g++.

--tml

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special stationery, fonts and colors. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.