Re: Switching GtkTextBuffer and Child Anchors

I sent this on the list last week but never got a reply so I thought
I would try again.

--

Hello,

I have a GtkTextView that I was trying to share between multiple
GtkTextBuffers (one at a time of course). Each GtkTextButter had a
child anchor that consisted of a GtkTable widget. The GtkTextView
displayed the buffer and it's child anchor fine until I switched to another
GtkTextBuffer (using gtk_text_view_set_buffer()) and then switched
back to the original GtkTextBuffer. When I switched back the table
was gone and in its place was the outline of a box where the table had
been (the box was smaller than the original table). A co-worker looked
at the gtk code and according to him when you switch the buffers using
gtk_text_view_set_buffer() any child anchors in the existing GtkText-
Buffer get deleted. Is this a bug, feature, or what. It certainly seems bogus
to me but maybe there's a good reason for it. Or, maybe my idea for
toggling buffers within a GtkTextView is inappropriate.