Re: Installing Pango with the Xft backend

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 07:16:45AM -1000, Karina Orot wrote:
> I apologize if this has been answered previously, but I couldn't find
> a "good" answer in my attempts to search. I am trying to install
> gtk+-2.6.4 (because it is the latest) on a RedHat Enterprise Linux 3
> box. I need it so that I can then install the Nessus client. I've seen
> many postings of people having this same error I'm getting:
> "configure: error: Pango Xft backend required for x11 target" when
> trying to configure the gtk+ package...
>
> The only other error I found during ./configure was a warning:
> configure: WARNING: X development libraries not found

I would look into this further, all these libraries do depend on
having a working X development environment up and running.

I don't know what those packages are called on RHEL, but on my debian
machine it something like libx11-dev. Hope that helps...

--
Daniel Nilsson