Re: How to add an item to system menu of GtkWindow

On Fri, Sep 24, 2004 at 12:33:47PM -0000, Sreenidhi  BG wrote:

> How can I add an item, say a help or info/About dialog box to the window system
> menu. The system menu i get on clicking the left top most icon of the gtk
> window. I want to add another entry to the list of maximize, minimize, restore,
> close menu items.

You can't. At least not generally. The menu is fully window
manager controlled, every window manager has a different
menu there, and there may be no menu at all if I tell my
window manager not to show any. And the title bar and the
icon may be missing too (I know people with such window
manager configurations). So, you can't.

Yeti

--
Do not use tab characters. Their effect is not predictable.