Re: glib.h

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 00:40, Kermit Tensmeyer wrote:
>  On Wednesday 15 September 2004 19:43, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, den 15.09.2004, 21:24 -0700 schrieb Kermit Tensmeyer:
> >  and then I was stumped by another problem the typedef 'gsize' isn't
> > > defined in glib. (it's used extensively but not defined -and- it was
> > > defined in glib.h (version 1.2). The first and closest typedef of
> > > 'gsize' is in the gobj include directory.
> >
> > gsize (and other platform-dependent things) are defined in glibconfig.h,
> > which you'll find in $libdir/glib-2.0/include.
> >
> > glibconfig.h gets included in glib.h via
> >
> > glib.h -> galloca.h -> gtypes.h -> glibconfig.h
> >
> > You are using pkg-config to get the correct CFLAGS for building things
> > against glib, right ?
>
>   Are you sure gsize is defined in glibconfig.h?
>    gint16  guint32 are there but gsize isn't
>
>  on a fresh machine, I installed the libraries (not from apt or rpm but
> from source)   and gtkhtml-3.2.1 failed to compile again at the same spot with
> exactly the same symptoms. (configure worked and built proper set of files)

You are likely looking at the glibconfig.h from an older glib; my guess
is that somewhere in the past, someone wasn't using pkg-config
(or glib-config for glib-1.2) and "fixed" the resulting problem by
copying glibconfig.h into /usr/include or /usr/local/include. Or
something like that.

Regards,
						Owen