Re: g_print memory leak according to mtrace v2.3.2

> What about running g_print in a loop?  Note that many g_ functions have
> static overhead that often show up as a memory leak but they really
> don't have leaks.  IE they may claim some memory, but it is freed when
> the program quits and is not allocated every time the function is
> called.

When I do another g_print() test within a loop, the output mtrace
logging increases in size (I'm not sure if this indicates more memory
leaks or just memory tracing).  I'm not really experienced enough to dump
this to stdout with some sort of debugging tool to see what portions of
"the leak" are in certain areas of memory (e.g. stack or wherever).

With that said, I believe mtrace is supposed to latch itself onto hooks
within libc's malloc, realloc, and free functions.  Thus, static
memory shouldn't even be an issue.