Re: Execution of signal handlers

On Thursday 09 September 2004 08:58, Grossert Alexander EXT wrote:

> OS: Solaris 9, gtk: version 1.2
>
> I have written a GUI using 2 message windows to show the progress of the
> program. Most of the functions connected to a signal from a button contain
> some sleep() calls between the message outputs. But when pressing a button
> for a short period nothing happens and then suddenly all messages are
> printed out together.
>
> It seems to me the main application window is updated only after the
> function called by the corresponding signal has finished execution.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to force an update of the application window while
> executing the called function?

 http://www.gtk.org/faq/#AEN602

In Gtk-1.2 it would probably be something like:

  while (gtk_events_pending())
    gtk_main_iteration();

If you want a certain function to be called in X seconds, use
gtk_timeout_add() and return FALSE in the timeout callback
function, so that it only gets run once.

Cheers
-Tim