Re: How can I save a PNG file from a GdkPixbuf

On Sun, Oct 24, 2004 at 04:15:48PM -0400, Jack Chen wrote:
> I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I would like to
> save a GdkPixbuf to a PNG file using either
>
> gdk_pixbuf_savev (GdkPixbuf *pixbuf,
>                   const char *filename,
>                   const char *type,
>                   char **option_keys,
>                   char **option_values,
>                   GError **error);
>
> or
>
> gdk_pixbuf_save (GdkPixbuf *pixbuf,
>                  const char *filename,
>                  const char *type,
>                  GError **error,
>                  ...);
>
> The problem is I don't know what those 'option...s' are for, and if I
> leave them all as NULL, the program can compile, but will crash after
> starting. I think the problem is I don't know what 'options' to specify
> for the PNG format. I can save a JEPG file no problem because there's a
> sample source code in the GdkPixbuf's reference, but there's no example
> for PNG.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk-pixbuf/gdk-pixbuf-file-saving.html#gdk-pixbuf-save

describes them quite well and even includes an example.
Saving PNGs is the same as JPEGs.

  gdk_pixbuf_save(pixbuf, "file.png", "png", NULL, NULL);

should not crash.

Yeti

--
Dynamic IP address is not a crime.