Another (unrelated) Documentation question

I've noticed that in the glib and gtk documentation there are lots of places where it says things like "... is deprecated and not to be used in new code". In most cases there is a following line like "use ... instead", but that is missing in some cases (I've forgotten the function I looked up earlier in the week)

Also, I've noticed there are some functions that return pointers and the documentation doesn't state if the pointer is to part of an internal data structure or to a newly allocated buffer. There are some good code samples in some of the documentation, but for developers reasonably new to gtk/gnome programming they can be a bit lacking in number.

Is there an effort to improve documentation for developers? If so, how would I go about helping?

Cheers,

Andy

--
Andy Jeffries                 | gPHPEdit Lead Developer
http://www.gphpedit.org       | PHP editor for Gnome 2