Fwd: Re: gtk font problem?

My system is happy! Your help got me back up and running.

Yay!

Robert

Note: forwarded message attached.
--- Begin Message ---
Thanks Daniel and Jeremy for the replies. I'll do a bit of both to
clean up this mess. I've been, we'll say, 'creative', in trying to
hack through a fix.

Belive it or not, I've never used the 'uninstall' option for make. I
didn't know it was an option. (Where's the gui for make that has all
the menus and dropdown lists? ;) )

Thanks again. I'll give it a try.

Robert

>On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 04:30:40PM -0400, Daniel Nilsson wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 08:59:58AM -0700, Robert Watkins wrote:
>> >
>> > How can I remove the gtk installations (plus dependencies) and
start
>> > again?
>>
>> This is the whole reason behind using package managers to install
>> software...
>
>Out of general interest, if you've built from source and kept the
>build tree, why not "make uninstall"?  It works for me, at least for
>autoconf-ed source.  Is there a gotcha I'm missing?  If so I'd like
>know before I shoot myself in the foot.

Cheers,

Jeremy

--- End Message ---