Re: Upgrade to 2.4.9

On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 17:32 +0000, J L wrote:
> Hi;
> I upgrade GTK to version 2.4.9 on mandrake, but when I check for the used
> version, I get 2.2.4. And when I tried to install the gimp, it says 2.2.4 is
> used, but 2.4.9 is there too.
> How could I configure the system to use the new version instead of 2.2.4?

You have to configure and install the newer gtk libraries to /usr, where
they overwrite the old system libraries.  Of course if you do this, you
run the risk of breaking things (see other post on this today!).
Personally I'd look for official packages for your distro.  There may be
dependant programs that need to be updated too.