Re: compiling okay, success running gtk-app computer dependant

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 15:31:19 +0100, edward hage <edha xs4all nl> wrote:
> Recently I bought another computer and installed Linux Suse and by hand gtk-2.4.10 and the
> whole bunch (glib, pango, etc...).
>
> I compiled a program made in GTK okay but id did not run = Segmentation Fault .

Hi, I have something like this working on my machine

- where did you install your gtk to? /usr/local/?
- have you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PKG_CONFIG_PATH?
- check libraries with "ldd" to be sure
- some suses have used LD_PRELOAD to add extra stuff, have you made
sure this is empty?
- I always uninstall geramick too, yuk!

John