Re: what should go into realize for a GtkDrawingArea?
- From: Tristan Van Berkom <tristan van berkom gmail com>
- To: brian <bmcandrews gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: what should go into realize for a GtkDrawingArea?
- Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 13:22:17 -0500
On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:59:37 -0600, brian <bmcandrews gmail com> wrote:
> > After realization, a drawing area will have a widget->window available for
> > drawing, it is also inconcievable that you recieve any "events" before
> > realization, since events come from the GdkWindow created in realize.
> that being said. When I'm subclassing from a GtkWidget that uses a
> GtkDrawingArea, where will the GtkDrawing area get it's GdkWindow
When subclassing a GtkWidget that *is* a GtkDrawingArea or when subclassing
a GtkWidget that *parents* a GtkDrawingArea ?
GtkDrawingAreaClass has its own implementation of realize, after it has been
realized, the GdkWindow *does* exist.
- If you are writing a widget that *is* a GtkDrawingArea, you dont
need to override
the realize vfunc to get a GdkWindow
- If you are writing a composite widget that parents a
GtkDrawingArea, just make
sure you get the parenting stuff straight. (I.e. you need to implement the
GtkContainer interface properly so that when your widget gets realized, that
realization gets properly propagated to your children).
] [Thread Prev