Re: Treeview selected line forreground color

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 01:31:21AM +0100, Enrique Perez-Terron wrote:
> The Linux kernel has a configuration utility, gconfig, which uses two
> Treeview widgets. On my system, the utility is completely unusable
> because the selected items have black text on dark blue background.

The problem is here (gconf.c):

1200  if (show_all && !menu_is_visible(menu))
1201      row[COL_COLOR] = g_strdup("DarkGray");
1202  else
1203      row[COL_COLOR] = g_strdup("Black");

row[COL_COLOR] is then used in many places to actually set
the color.

I.e., the color is set to some fixed value no matter what
colors current theme uses -- and worse, no matter if the
line selected or not (that usually changed background
radically).

If you remove these four lines it simply starts following
the theme, however there's no difference between disabled
lines (shown only if Show all options is selected in menu)
and normal ones then.  I didn't look at how the enabled/
/disabled stuff works there, so I can't tell more.

Yeti

--
Dynamic IP address is not a crime.