Theme bug after updating from 2.2.x to 2.4.x

Hello,

  I just updated my gtk+ from 2.2.x to 2.4.9 (using rpms). After
  installation in every gtk application (evolution or gaim) I've got
  very ugly theme, strong quad buttons, very deep bevel, menu with
  white letters on light yellow background, etc, etc. I tried to set
  up another theme through editing ~/.gtkrc-2.0. After reboot I've got
  nothing, the same ugly theme. I have no GNOME installed, so I have
  no gnome control center. Has anybody ideas whats going wrong?

nail                          mailto:nail-mail mail ru