Re: Simple configure problem building glib on Irix

On Mon, 24 May 2004 18:27:44 CDT, Eric Bennett <ericb pobox com>  said:

> checking if -liconv is needed to use gettext...
> checking for dcgettext in -lintl... no
> configure: error:
> *** You must have either have gettext support in your C library, or use the
> *** GNU gettext library. (http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/gettext.html

Can you show what the corresponding config.log has?  In particular, your test
case has:

> I can compile this short snip with "cc foo.c /usr/local/lib/libintl.a"

Which is almost certainly not how configure will test for it.

1) Does your test case work if you say 'cc foo.c -L/usr/local/lib -lintl'?

2) If that works, does setting the environment variable LDFLAGS help?

% export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"

I've also hit odd issues on Irix due to 32/64 bit binary mismatches, so you might
want to double-check on how your libintl.a was built....